Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Who Dat?

Posted by Mauree Brooksher at 3:49 PM

This past weekend, Beezie came to stay with Christopher and I. Papa was on the High School Youth Group Fall Retreat. On Saturday, Beezie, Christopher, & I took a trip to New Orleans. We went so Beezie could pick up some curtains at an antique shop on St. Charles and so that I could go to Pipen Lane on Magazine Street to pick out some winter outfits for Christopher. Well after our errands, we popped in Cafe Rani to grab a light lunch before heading home to Baton Rouge. Well, it was later in the afternoon and the hostess sat us in the quiet corner since we had a baby with us. Well, much to my surprise I look up and who do I see sitting right next to us??? Yes, Drew Brees and his wife. On the table was also a sippy cup. When we were entering the cafe a toddler was running around and almost ran right into the stroller. I thought, "who is letting their lil boy run around this place?" Well, when I saw the sippy cup , I quickly figured out is was Drew Brees! Haha! At the end our meal and their meal, I began trying to make eye contact with Drew & flag him over to take a picture with Christopher. He didn't look my way so when he stood to go pay the bill, I walked over to his wife & politely asked, "Do you think, he'd take a picture with my baby boy?" She was SO nice & said sure!! Well, when he came over Christopher was getting fussy so I picked him up to calm him. My mom then told Drew go get your little boy for the picture. So we took the picture with the 4 of us! He was very friendly & I think Christopher will thank me when he's older for being a little bit embarrassing! I'm now an official Saint Fan! Who Dat? Good luck Drew in you first game of the season against the Vikings!
Much Love & Many Blessings,
Mauree

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW MUCH FUN!!!!! Great picute and that will certainly be a keepsake. You should send a copy to Drew! (Jeanne P)

Post a Comment