Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy 2 Months Old Birthday!

Posted by Mauree Brooksher at 2:16 PM

Today Christopher is 2 months old! Therefore, we had his check-up and we were due for shots : ( I was a little concerned about vaccinating him, because of everything that I have read. I have read a book on why not to vaccinate your children, read several articles on why not to vaccinate, and then I've read several things on why to vaccinate your children.) Long and short I knew I wanted Christopher to be vaccinated for all the benefits; however, I didn't want him to have a negative reaction either. We said a prayer for protection to St. Christopher prior to leaving and I brought along in his diaper bag a relic from Blessed Selos. This relic was given to me prior to my c-seciton and I believe Blessed Selos interceded for me and the safety of Christopher's delivery. Well of course Dr. Tribou was very understanding and helped me to come to a decision that I felt confident about. He just received 2 vaccines today and we will return in 9 days to receive another. When we return for his 4 month check up he will just have to receive one vaccine that is combination vaccine. He was just a little fussy when getting the shots and then he fell asleep. I woke him to feed when we got home so we could run to the grocery. He got a little fussy when waking 4 hrs. from his vaccine; however, I just gave him a lil Tylenol and is now resting. You can see his pic above; notice his 2 bandaids on his thighs. (Yes he's resting on his stomach; don't fret we have a breathing monitor in his crib). Also another positive report from the doctor: he weighed in at 8 lbs. 5.5 oz. We are so very proud of his weight gain! I'm working hard on beefing up his cheeks and thighs!
Much Love & Many Blessings,
Mauree

0 comments:

Post a Comment