Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Very Blessed Baby

Posted by Mauree Brooksher at 3:15 PM











Today the St. Aloysius community welcomed Christopher into the church. Steven and I were very honored parents. 1 Timothy 1:12 reads: "I am grateful to him who has strengthened me, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he considered me trustworthy in appointing me to the ministry." This scripture was read during today's second reading. It is very fitting for Steven & I because we feel so blessed that God has called us to be parents of our precious son. Father Burns was the celebrant for this mass and he came to celebrate with us afterwards. Christopher wore the same gown which Mary Claire and Jacob Paul wore for their baptisms. Christopher did so well at the Baptism (Steven only had to take him to the cry room once). Christopher's god-parents are Natalie & Joshua. Christopher received several gifts on this special day. We were so happy to have ALL of our immediate families and most of Christophers great-grandparents with us to celebrate this joyous occasion. Andrew and Emily flew in from NYC and Matthew flew in from Nashville. This was their first time to meet baby Christopher. Nana & Grandad (my dad's parents) drove in from Memphis and Grandma & Papa (Ms. Margaret's parents) drove in from New Orleans. Grandmother (Dr. Steve's mother) lives here and attended. Everyone got the chance to hold him; many for the first time! Therefore, Christopher rested very well the rest of the day. I was very excited about Christopher's cake. I ordered it from Whole Foods. The bow & writing did not come out as I expected; however, it still tasted delicious. Well, we are so glad that Christopher was able to attend mass for the first time and spend time with so many family members. It was a blessed welcoming into the church indeed!

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Mauree

0 comments:

Post a Comment