Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I will never be afraid...

Posted by Mauree Brooksher at 7:06 PM
Today we had our 2nd 4 week checkup with Dr. Sherman-Boudreaux.  It went wonderfully!  She said that everything looks great.  After speaking with us, she said, "You ready to hear your baby?!"  We excitedly said, "YES!"  We were able to hear our baby's heartbeat.  It was amazing!  She said the baby's heart-rate is healthy, 160.  We were thrilled with this good news.  We will not receive our 1st ultrasound until Week 20.  Not too much longer until then!  I cannot wait to see our baby.  Since my last blog post, I have felt rather fantastic.  I've just been tired.  I had one headache and vision shifting the day of the Fiddler on the Roof Production and Monday I had a little bit of nausea.  However, I think it was due to the lack of sleep the night before for the Saints Game.  Other than those 2 incidences, I've felt great!  I am now 11 & 1/2 weeks.  I will be 12 weeks on Saturday...YAY for the 2nd trimester.  This week our baby is the size of a Fig.  All of our baby's vital organs are now functioning!  We continue to pray each day for the baby's healthy development.  I title our blog today "I will never be afraid..." because, since I have been feeling so well, I became afraid that something was not right.  However, after today's visit obviously everything looks great.  I need to pray for more Hope each day.  I read this scripture today and it brought me the Hope & reassurance I need for good and difficult times.  Psalm 27: 1-14 "One thing I ask of the Lord; this I seek to dwell in the Lord's house all the days of my life. To gaze on the Lord's beauty...I believe I shall enjoy the Lord's goodness...Wait for the Lord...take courage."  I need to remind myself to be at peace when things are good and to take courage in the difficult so that I always see the Lord's beauty in this gift of pregnancy.  My students continue to humor me!  They have suggested I name our baby McDonald.  They also ask daily, "You still got your baby inside you or when's your baby comin' out?"  Today they wanted to know when I'd be back from the hospital since I was going to the doctor.  I love their thoughts!  We have enjoyed the excitement of the Saints Victory.  We watched the game with friends and will be hosting a Super Bowl party.  My dad went to New Orleans for work the day of the game.  He watched the game in the Quarter.  He lost his voice!  We had dinner with him on his way home and we enjoyed hearing stories about the craziness of  New Orleans before and after the game.  Go SAINTS...WHO DAT!  We've enjoyed our 1st King Cake from Keller's Bakery in Lafayette.  Yum Yum!  How we love our Louisiana Mardi Gras & Saints!
Much Love and Many Blessings,
Mauree

0 comments:

Post a Comment