Sunday, January 17, 2010

Good Practice & Feeling Good!

Posted by Mauree Brooksher at 8:12 AM
Last weekend we had the gift of taking care of our two precious Godchildren: Mary Claire & Jacob Paul.  They were so much fun!  There was not a dull moment  from the minute they arrived to Nanny Mo and Steven's.  We invited Irene & Nicholas to come help us out for a few hours.  They certainly were a help!  Nicholas wanted to do everything from bathing the babies, helping me prepare dinner for 6, to changing diapers.  He said he needed to know this stuff now that he's going to be an uncle.  Steven suggested we keep Mary Claire & Jacob Paul every other weekend until our baby arrives to get good practice!  I disagreed & said NO WAY!! We need to enjoy our sleep now.  Practice would only wear us out come August.  I now have a deeper respect for my sister.  She does an amazing job keeping up with Mary Claire & Jacob each day & all by herself many nights.  She's certainly an inspiration & great example for a mom-to-be.
This week was another good week at school.  We had Pet Week.  So I got to care for a puppy with the children and also meet a pet Ferret and Guinea Pig.  It was quite interesting; however the children loved it!  My students continue to ask about the baby.  They want to know, "Mrs. Brooksher, whens your baby gonna come out?"  And I again have to remind them not for a long time.   The girls all say I'm having a little girl, of course!  They keep me laughing.  It was a good week with my children; however, we were devastated to hear the news of the Earthquake in Haiti.  A good friend of mine at school had a relative in Haiti.  Her cousin was visiting on a Medical Mission with 12 doctors from a Methodist church in Dallas.   I never thought I would be connected with someone directly effected my this tragic event.  My heart goes out to her and all the people of Haiti.  Is so difficult to watch the news right now.  However, Steven & I pray that the Lord will continue to support the people of Haiti and all who are suffering because of this disaster.  We pray too that we will remember our brothers and sisters in Christ in Haiti in prayer.  We are so very blessed here in Louisiana.
I am continuing to feel very good!  Just tired. But that's okay, I'm enjoying sitting on my sofa and relaxing after school some days!  I especially enjoyed this week's, American Idol.  Haha!  I still am going to the YMCA a couple of days a week & trying to keep active and healthy!  Especially since I tend to not crave salads like I used to.  I had my first  fatty craving Friday.  I was embarassed to tell Steven.  However, I gave in.  I was craving a BIG hamburger and french fries.  So we went out to Brew Bachers on Friday night & enjoyed a burger & fries.  I think Steven enjoyed it just as much as I did.  Haha!
Today is the High School Youth Group's annual fundraiser.  They are performing Fiddler on the Roof.  We watched the rehearsal last night.  It was great.  However, it's kept Steven very busy & I now he will be glad when it's all said & done.  If you have nothing to do today or tonight, come on out & support the Youth Group!
I am now 10 weeks into my pregnancy.  Our baby is the size of a kumquat now!  The baby now is in the fetal period.  The baby's organs are rapidly growing.  The baby is now swallowing fluid and kicking!  The baby's vital organs are starting to function.  Also, the baby's hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart.  We continue to pray strongly for our baby's development.  We do not return to the doctor until January 27th.  So we are  looking forward to an update from our doctor.  I continue to find hope and am thankful for the Lord's support each day.  Psalm 18:19"...but the Lord came to my support.." May he not only support me during this pregnancy but support those in Haiti as they recover.
Much Love  and Many Blessings,
Mauree

1 comments:

Kate Dawson on January 18, 2010 at 7:47 PM said...

YEAH MO!!! You have a blog! How exciting. I have been calling to see how you feel... I was obviously behind on Maree blog!

Post a Comment