Sunday, August 15, 2010

Today was supposedly the day...

Posted by Mauree Brooksher at 7:18 PM
which Christopher was expected to arrive, according to our doctor. However, our dear Christopher was just so ready to begin his life much sooner! Even though Christopher didn't arrive on his original due date it is still a very special day. Today is the Feast of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven. Today at Mass the reading and homily reflected on Mary. Here is a segment of today's Gospel:
"My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior
for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me
and holy is his Name."
This Gospel reading is taken from Luke and this segment is Mary's response to Elizabeth during the visitation. As I reflect on this reading, I am so thankful that Sweet Jesus was watching over Christopher in my womb and brought him into this world safely and quite healthy, considering his age at birth. That was certainly my utmost prayer during my pregnancy, "that each of Christopher's were developing optimally and healthy." As God watched over Mary and her pregnancy, he also watched over me. Therefore, like Mary, I proclaim the greatness of our Lord and my spirit also rejoices in God my savior.
Much Love and Many Blessings,
Mauree

1 comments:

Kate Dawson on August 17, 2010 at 8:56 AM said...

Guess it's time to edit your "welcome" Mama Mo. By the way, ever time your music starts. I tear up!

Post a Comment